ADSM-L

Re: (U)Symbolic links in archives?

1998-09-07 04:37:55
Subject: Re: (U)Symbolic links in archives?
From: Henk ten Have <hthta AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 10:37:55 +0200
 Monte Ambrose about (U)Symbolic links in archives?:

>We are looking into re-doing the way ADSM handles symbolic links.   I agree
>that it definitely needs changes.   Currently we are looking into making
>ADSM consistent with the way it backs up symbolic links for Archive and
>Backup.

 Well, well, well.

 On Fri, 11 Jul 1997 I put exactly the same question on the ADSM-L:

>Subject:      How to exclude sym links from archive?
>Does anybody out there know whether there is a way to exclude
>symbolic links from an archive operation?

 On the ADSM-L I never get one answer.
 The answer from our local ADSM-support was 'worked ad designed'.

 So, after one year, you are 'looking into re-doing the way ADSM handles
 symbolic links'.
 I wonder!

 Henk ten Have
 Academic Computing Services Amsterdam