ADSM-L

Restore Problems with os/2 Warp

1998-09-06 21:36:17
Subject: Restore Problems with os/2 Warp
From: Shane <shanesmith AT WESTPAC.COM DOT AU>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 11:36:17 +1000
Hi,

I got an OS/2 Warp 3.00 client, running ADSM Version 3. It has multiple logical
drives under a RAID-5 disk array. When I backup this machine it will only
backup the root directory of the drives - and even then it reckons no files can
be found. The client software only shows the root directory of each drive, and
will not show any subdirectories. On one drive it backups up the root directory
and then it stops with an "Access Denied" error - and it is a local error (ie
ADSM client reckons it has been denied access on the client [itself] disk
drives)???!!!

I checked the client out, but I cannot see why the ADSM client software doesn't
see any subdirectories. Under OS/2 window all the sub-directories and files are
present. Any suggestions or help would be gratefully accepted.

My server is an NT4.0 machine, running ADSM Version 3, attached to an IBM3570
tape unit.

Regards
Shane