ADSM-L

ADSMConnect Agent Lotus Notes Backup Issue

1998-09-04 15:29:52
Subject: ADSMConnect Agent Lotus Notes Backup Issue
From: Rejean Larivee <rlarivee AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 15:29:52 -0400
Hello,
It looks like this is apar IC21792 (duplicate of IC20472). There is no official
ptf that fixes it. There is also no temporary fix for this yet.

Rejean Larivee
ADSM Level2 Support
One of the issues we identified during the agent tests was that the
One of the issues we identified during the agent tests was that the
'dsmnotes incr' session was going into a 'loop' for some of our nsf
files. A 'show session' inquiry indicated that there was no further
progress on objects inserted (apparently, the agent had already backed
up all notes items). At the time, we saw 'Bytes sent'  going up all the
time for this kind of session. By excluding them from the next run we
could also continue with the remaining nsf data bases. Lotus Notes tools
were not able to identify any problem with these data bases.
Has  anybody seen a similiar behaviour ?
Hans Beierle
EDS Technical Infrastructure/Technology Implementation

Eisenstrasse 56                tel :       49  (6142) 80-3170
dial 8*969-3170
(N15/RUIPC)                   fax :      49  (6142) 80-1080
dial 8*969-1080
D-65428 Rüsselsheim      e-mail:   hans.beierle AT eds DOT com