ADSM-L

obkcatutl failed

1998-09-04 12:13:03
Subject: obkcatutl failed
From: Thiha Than <thiha AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 12:13:03 -0400
I think the reason it failed is because of the "syserr:  Logfile 'obk.out'
couldn't be opened; errno=24".  I am not quite sure whether EBU or Agent is
failing though.  According to /usr/include/errno.h, errno(24) is "too many
opened files".

-53 in dsierror log is "DSM_RC_BAD_HOST_NAME", an invalid tcp/ip host name or
ame or
address was specified.  I think this is a side-effect of the previous problem.

Do you have a separate management class or policy domain for the connect
agent.  The agent node should be registered with that separate policy domain.
If the agent is registered with the same policy domain as b/a client, agent's
backups should be binded with a separate management class.  In either case, the
backup copy group of the management class should have verdeleted=0 and
retonly=0 set.

You will not able to delete the backups on the server if the agent backups are
not associated with the management class mentioned above.  If you have already
associated the backups with the special management class, and backups are still
on the ADSM server, you might want to check 'expinterval' value in your
dsmserv.opt file.  By default it is 24 (hours).  Every 24 hours, the 'expire
inventory' command will be started on the server automatically, and clean up
the backups marked for deleting.

If everything is setup correctly and the backups are still not deleted yet, I
don't know what to say anymore. : {

When the deleting process started, did you see the agent sessions on the ADSM
server?  The reason I am asking is that early version of EBU has a problem with
deleting jobs.  They just purge the backups from the catalog database, but
didn't make any calls to the agent.

regards,
Thiha

>We have a problem deleting our database backups with Oracle Connect Agent.

>Deleting backups with obkcatutl failed after successfully deleting nearly 2000
Objects. Error msg:

>sysout:
>OBK-519: Error in removing BFS 39201897617384 of job 3242
>  on 09/02/1998 16:10:06 [ 69782 : brudbfs ]

>syserr:
>Logfile 'obk.out' couldn't be opened; errno=24.
>(sysout is redirected to obk.out)

>dsierror.log:
>first error:                ../../src/session.c(1370): sessOpen: Failure in
communications open >call. rc: -53
>all remainig errors:  ../../src/session.c(1370):

>All 'deleted' objects remain inactive in the adsm db :-), and all failed
objects remain active, >but are deleted from the ebu repository:-( .