ADSM-L

Re: Deleation of the SQL and Exchange backups..

1998-09-04 09:39:14
Subject: Re: Deleation of the SQL and Exchange backups..
From: Kevin Corning-Hyman <kcorning AT MHC DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 09:39:14 -0400
FWIW:

After much time and frustration spent trying to restore the Directory and
Information Store using the Exchange Connect Agent, we have decided to send
it back to IBM.  Yes, we found that you have to write commands that delete
old backups, unlike the SQL connect agent that cleans up after itself.  The
last straw was a call to IBM support that resulted in no support.  They DO
NOT support the MS Exchange Connect  Agent.  We have asked for a refund.

Maybe IBM will have something that we can use for Exchange in the future.
For now, we will shut down the database for the five minutes it takes to
backup and restart it after.

Kevin Corning-Hyman
Info Center Consultant
Munson Medical Center