ADSM-L

AW: node LOCALHOST

1998-09-04 09:06:55
Subject: AW: node LOCALHOST
From: "Rupp Thomas (Illwerke)" <thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE.CO DOT AT>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 14:06:55 +0100
Hi Eric,
do I misinterpret the documentation?  In "Using the UNIX
Backup-Archiv Clients", SH26-4075-01, page 127, Option
"nodename" I read:
"In the absence of a nodename entry in the client system options file,
dsm.sys, or a
virtualnodename entry in the client user options file, dsm.opt, or a
virtualnodename
specified on a command line, then the nodename is the name returned by
the
hostname command."
If I enter the command hostname as user root I get "rs53".
It's not clear to me who sets the nodename to "LOCALHOST"?
Greetings from Austria
Thomas Rupp