ADSM-L

AW: node LOCALHOST

2015-10-04 17:53:21
Subject: AW: node LOCALHOST
From: Rupp Thomas (Illwerke) [mailto:thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE.CO DOT AT]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi Eric,
I think the problem is with a wrong resolution on the AIX side.
The AIX client is registered as RS53. The schedule is started for
node RS53. But I see the message for LOCALHOST.=20
LOCALHOST is a reserved name for TCP/IP which specifies the
local machine itself.
If you do a PING LOCALHOST you always get the address 127.0.0.1.
I think AIX client does a wrong resolution of the IP-adress or something
similar. BTW the AIX machine is a SP2 with 2 thin and 2 wide nodes and
HACMP.
I'm a VM/VSE guy and therefor not very familiar with AIX.
Kind regards
Thomas Rupp=20