ADSM-L

VirtualNodename question

1998-09-03 10:55:13
Subject: VirtualNodename question
From: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 10:55:13 -0400
Anyone have a good way to specify the a virtual nodename
if the ADSM server is AIX and the clients are NT and 95?

What we want to do is have the GUI open on the 95 client with
a generic account and automatically see the archives for the NT client
without
have to go through the hoops of selecting UTILITES, Access another user,
enter the
nodename, yada yada.

These clients will only be accessing the other clients archives with
this account.

Do I have to use the nodename of the NT client and won't that cause a
conflict because the
OS's are different or not?

Ya know, My life would be simplier if management didn't come up with
strange new ways
to use ADSM. This wasn't MY idea !

TIA -
CR

Yes Andy, this is all related to our earlier topic regarding the
individual opt files ;-)
Cris Robinson
Senior Technical Analyst
Desktop Services Technical Support