ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/Report

1998-09-02 12:19:43
Subject: Re: ADSM/Report
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 12:19:43 -0400
Jan,

The current version of the Exchange Agent does not log the
backup start and stop times.  We know about the requirement
and are adding this to the next Exchange Agent PTF.

There is no way to do this until the PTF is released,
so you will have to rely on looking at the Exchange Agent
logs for backup status until the PTF is shipped.

At this time, we are not sure when this will be released.

-------------------------
Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM ADSM Agent Development
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Hello,

I have currently the ADSM Agent for Exchange running without any back-up
problems.
There is, however, a small problem with our ADSM/Reports generated on one of
our client PC's. The ADSM administrator has create a script to get a status
report from the ADSM host, which displays the:
Node Name
Filespace Name
Platform
Date/Time Start backup
DsS
Date/Time Last Backup
DsC
Name/User of Node
Location
Telephone number contact person
Frequency

For our Exchange server we only get:
Node Name =  DCZEXCHG
Filespace Name =  BEKAERT.COMCEL.DCZ
Platform = WINNTDB

but not the other fields. Most important are the Date/Time Start back-up and
Date/Time Last Back-up.

Is there a way to get teh values of those fields also?
has this to do something with API's?

Kind regards,

Jan