ADSM-L

Re: New Win32 v3 ptf5-refresh client..A better mouse trap.

1998-09-02 10:57:44
Subject: Re: New Win32 v3 ptf5-refresh client..A better mouse trap.
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 10:57:44 -0400
Apparently both testflags must be specified on the same test statement in the
options file in order for both
to be enabled at the same time.

So if you add the following statement to your options file both should work:

      Test ExcludeNetworkFS,  ExcludeRemovableFS

Development is hoping to eventually add documented include/exclude filespace
options which will much more flexible
and powerful than the current undocumented and unsupported testflags.

The general idea is that you would be able to, for example, exclude all network
drives and then include only the specific
remote drives which you might be interested in backing up.

Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM NT Client Development
---------------------- Forwarded by Pete Tanenhaus/San Jose/IBM on 09/02/98
2/98

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 09/02/98 05:42:04 AM