ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Admin Client - Urgent !!!

1998-09-01 16:43:19
Subject: Re: ADSM Admin Client - Urgent !!!
From: Monte Ambrose <ambrosem AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 16:43:19 -0400
Leandro

If you are talking about the Version 3 Admin command line then it is part of
the base client for ADSM AIX.

If you are talking about the Admin GUI client then:   We do not  build an AIX
Admin GUI for Version 3. We only build an Admin command line for V3.    You
must either use the web admin (This requires a V3 server and a web browser).
You can also install the latest V2 client ((Level 2.1.20.8) this has not been
tested on 4.3 and not supported - but I think it will work. To install you will
have to install on a 4.2 system and then copy all files and subdirs in
/usr/lpp/adsm/* to the 4.3 machine.  Then install the latest V3 client (Level
3.1.20.5)  This client will check for the V2 admin GUI and save the files
needed to run it.  You will now have a V3 B/A client and a V3 Command line
Admin as well as the V2 Admin GUI.   One thing to be careful of is that the V2 a
dmin will not recognize any V3 specific options in the dsm.opt or dsm.sys.
You will probably want to set up a different options file for the V2 admin so
that you don't run into any unrecognized options errors.   I must stress
however that the V2 Admin GUI is not supported on AIX 4.3.

Thank You,  Monte Ambrose
  ADSM Client Development

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 08/31/98 04:57:32 PM