ADSM-L

sucessfull DR recovery of SAP on SP2's using ADSM ver3.1.5 and sy sback 4.1.5

1998-09-01 11:37:27
Subject: sucessfull DR recovery of SAP on SP2's using ADSM ver3.1.5 and sy sback 4.1.5
From: "Lynch, Rich" <Lynch.Rich AT MBCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 10:37:27 -0500
We just got back from Sunguard in Philly were we successfully recovered
a 70 gig SAP database and a SAP application server using ADSM ver
3.1.1.5. We use DRM to control our copy pool tape movement, and the adsm
Prepare command to generate the necessary info required to recover the
ADSM server out at Sunguard. It all worked surprisingly well.

For the SP2 recovery we used sysback images of our CWS to recover that
(don't forget to run install_cw after recovering your CWS from either
sysback or mksysb); and we had sysback images of our Nodes stored on our
CWS which we used to boot our nodes - we did this after doing all the
necessary PSSP reconfig to get the frame configured, since Sunguards
frame didn't look anything like our frame node wise. We removed our
frame info and basically started from scratch - following the steps in
the pssp install guide, finally running setup_server with nodes set to
install, then setup_server with nodes set to disk - this allowed us to
use the sysback images. After the nodes are installed from sysback and
they reboot twice,  we removed the odmentry for node number, since it
was wrong, added the correct one, and then  set the nodes to customize
and run pssp_script - this will get your switch up, along with all your
hats and hags, etc...

If anyone is interested in looking at my step by step DR instructions,
Ill be glad to share it, send me email and Ill send you the doc - Its in
word 97 format.