ADSM-L

ANS1353E Session rejected: Unknown or incorrect ID entered

1998-09-01 11:35:40
Subject: ANS1353E Session rejected: Unknown or incorrect ID entered
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 10:35:40 -0500
     OK, a wierd one...

     Node Name: xxxxx
     Platform: SUN SOLARIS
     Client OS Level: 5.5.1
     Client Version: Version 3, Release 1, Level 0.3

     ADSM Server for AIX-RS/6000 - Version 3, Release 1, Level 1.3 Server

     =============  from adsm logs
     ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
     Command Line Backup Client Interface - Version 3, Release 1, Level 0.3
     (C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 1998, All Rights Reserved.

     Archive function invoked.

     Node Name: xxxxx
     ANS1353E Session rejected: Unknown or incorrect ID entered

     Yes, the node name shows up correct, I've just changed to "xxxxx"
     'cause of company policy...

     So this happens in the middle of a bunch of concurrent archives that
     are backing up a critical SAP DB...

     There is no pattern, that I've found, and no obvious reason.  It just
     tries to connect with a vaild client node name and it can't...

     I can't remember if it has only been seen on SUN boxes and will have
     to check that one out still...  but it seems to be haunting me on a
     more regular basis.

     later,
           Dwight

     PS the server act log show nothing as would be expected with an
     invalid connection attempt.  what is does show is a second before and
     a second after the failed attempt are successful connections initiated
     by the same script on the client.