ADSM-L

Re: Tape storage devices DLT & Magstar

1998-09-01 11:01:56
Subject: Re: Tape storage devices DLT & Magstar
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 11:01:56 -0400
We have STK9710's with both DLT7000 drives and 3490 drives inside the same
9710.
The 9710's work great and we have no problems when using the 3490 drives.

We have had lots of problems with the DLT7000's.
Have the STK CE check the voltage on the power supplies inside the drives.
(There are 2.)
Low voltage on those power supplies will cause drives to fail unload.
You also have to make sure the microcode level is OK on each drive, should
be up to V70.