ADSM-L

Re: Adsmquerydb & adsmdelete

1998-09-01 08:45:49
Subject: Re: Adsmquerydb & adsmdelete
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 08:45:49 -0400
Jan,

I can't tell from your response...

Do you have the problem resolved?

If so, what was the resolution?
I find it hard to believe that it wasn't working then
all of a sudden it started working.  You must have
changed SOMETHING?

-------------------------
Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM ADSM Agent Development
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Del,

Thanks for the reply.
see text for commen.

On ADSM: Dist Stor Manager, Del Hoobler[SMTP:hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM] wrote:
> Jan,
>
> This could be one of two things:
>
> 1. In the first query (/adsmquerydb), you are not specifying
>    an ADSM options file (/adsmoptfile), so it defaults
>    to using the "dsm.opt" file.
>    In the actual delete (/adsmdelete), you specify
>    "dsm_exch.opt" for the ADSM options file.
>    So your query is using one options file and your
>    delete is uing another.  If this is really what you want,
>    make sure the options file is using the same
>    NODENAME and going to the same ADSM server.

Indeed you are right, but I the opt-files are the same, and I have tried
also without the OPT-file parameter.

> 2. If that doesn't clear it up, try specifying the
>    the Org, Site, and Server on the delete command.
>    Try the following command (all on one line of course):
>
>    excdsmc /adsmdelete:IS,19980811140313.FULL,BEKAERT.COMCEL.DCZ01S20
>       /adsmoptfile:c:\adsm32\agentexc\dsm_exch.opt

This I have previously tried that also without success, but now it works??

Thanks and sorry for the question.

Jan