ADSM-L

Re: SQL Connect agent errors ...

1998-08-31 14:37:04
Subject: Re: SQL Connect agent errors ...
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 14:37:04 -0400
Christo,

The error message is quite misleading in this case.

It actually has nothing to do with the database format.
This error is caused by the fact that the ADSM connection
is failing for some reason.   The DB-LIB message is just
a "cascaded" error from the ANS0332E rc306 error message
which indicates a communication problem with the ADSM Server.

First, make sure you can communicate with the ADSM Server
  from the SQL Agent by doing a query or simple backup.
  This will verify that the options file is set up correctly.

Make sure that you have the "Wait for Tape Mounts" option
  checked in the SQL Agent Options Editor for the
  ADSM Server that you are trying to connect to.
  This is important if the backup is on tape or
  was migrated to tape from disk.

Try the restore again.

By the way, there is no need to do an uninstall of the Try and Buy.
The "Paid" version will only overwrite the needed files
to upgrade your license to the "Paid" license.

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM ADSM Agent Development
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com