ADSM-L

Server unable to raech node

1998-08-28 09:19:53
Subject: Server unable to raech node
From: Steven McNicholas <ste_mc AT ZDNETMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 06:19:53 -0700
HI,

We recently added a new node to our adsm server but whenever the server try to
start a backup schedule with this new node the following error message appears:

08/28/98   09:01:04  ANR8214W Session open with  $H YH failed due to
                      connection refusal.
08/28/98   09:01:04  ANR2716E Schedule prompter was not able to contact client
                      FRABS01_STB using type 1 ( $H YH 1501).
.

If we start a backup on the client it works but it seems the server cannot
reach it or is refused access even thogh it can ping the address.

I have checked that the client scheduler is running and that the host
name/tcpip address is correct.

Does anybody have any ideas????

Thanks.

Free web-based email, anytime, anywhere!
ZDNet Mail - http://www.zdnetmail.com