ADSM-L

"media mount not possible" error

1998-08-25 17:09:52
Subject: "media mount not possible" error
From: Yury Goldfeld <yurik AT GG.CALTECH DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 14:09:52 -0700
Hi all... Maybe someone can help me with the following problem. I am
running ADSM Server on an NT machine. The tape autochanger device is
Spectralogic 10000, but I set it on Exabyte 120 emulation. I then issued
the following commands to define the autochanger and the two drives:

 define library auto8mmlib libtype=scsi device=lb5.0.0.1
 define drive auto8mmlib 8mm_mt2 device=mt2.0.0.1 element=80
 define drive auto8mmlib 8mm_mt4 device=mt4.0.0.1 element=81
 define devclass auto8mm_class devtype=8mm format=8500 library=auto8mmlib
  mountlimit=2

I then labeled the first drive -- it worked. However, when it came to an
actual test backup, it halted with the error message "media mount not
possible." Also, when the server restarts, it attempt to migrate some
data from the disk volume to the tape but can't due to "Scratch volume
mount failed." Am I doing something wrong? Did I, perhaps, not do a step
after the labeling?

I appreciate any feedback
  Yury Goldfeld