ADSM-L

ADSM and TCP/IP tuning

1998-08-25 16:33:55
Subject: ADSM and TCP/IP tuning
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 15:33:55 -0500
Our network guys ran a Lanalyzer (I think that's like a Sniffer) trace on
an ADSM backup and said  it appears ADSM was allocating 11 buffers for
receiving data and there was a sizable delay in the host when an
acknowledgement is required.  They asked if I could increase the buffers to
22 or increase the window size, the client could send a full 32K without
having to stop and wait for an acknowledgement.   However, I don't see a
way to tune that in the server options file  (the server is running on
OS/390, by the way).   I did notice, when I did a Q OPT , there was a
TCPBufsize 32768  listed.   But there was no place to set it.   Maybe it
picks that up from TCP/IP?
Has anyone done much TCP/IP tuning with ADSM on OS/390?
Our link is OSA/2  Fast ethernet 100mbs.   The client is Novell and has
TCPW set to 64 and TCPB set to 32, which I believe are the max.
Thanks for any assistance!
Julie