ADSM-L

Re: Win32 client bug!!

1998-08-24 11:56:25
Subject: Re: Win32 client bug!!
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 11:56:25 -0400
Yes, the problem is circumvented by turning off schedule log pruning (simply
comment out
SCHEDLOGRETENTION line in dsm.opt).

There is a bug in the schedule log pruning code which ignores end of file on the
schedule log and continues to write to the prune log until the disk fills up
(and has the added affect of chewing up CPU utilization).

I apologise for all of the problems which got into the field in this PTF
for the Win32 client.

There was unusual amount of new function in this PTF for the Win32 client
(UNC support, Registry support for Win95, etc.) and some things just got
overlooked.

All I can say is that most of these problems have either been fixed or are
being worked on,
and that we will be refreshing the ftp server with these fixes as soon as
possible.

Also, for whatever it's worth, the developers who follow this list take
personally
responsibility for following up on any reported problems and are committed to
doing
whatever is necessary to improve the quality of the product in the future.

Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM NT Client Development
---------------------- Forwarded by Pete Tanenhaus/San Jose/IBM on 08/24/98
4/98

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 08/24/98 07:47:51 AM