ADSM-L

ADSM and Disaster Recovery

1998-08-24 09:37:08
Subject: ADSM and Disaster Recovery
From: Roger Hohmann <roger_hohmann AT WESTLB DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 14:37:08 +0100
Hi Folks,

while testing our disaster scenario we had following situation:

ADSM / MVS with 2 Tape Libraries ,one of them turned off due to disaster
case. After that, either our copy stgpool are not running (of course, the
lib is off) or the backups are not running (if primary pool is affected). I
think, the problems are the same if I had a Unix box with two libs and one
of them turned off.

I'm asked to keep adsm running in disaster scenario, not only for restores.
In my opinion, I have to define a 'disaster storage pool' in the remaining
library and update all mgmt classes and storage hierarchys not to use the
'off' library, but to use the remaining one. (And several additional
updates for putting reclamation off etc.)

Any other ideas?

regards

Roger Hohmann
P.S.: Any of You using ADSM with HACMP ? Is it usable?