ADSM-L

adsm vs. harbor

1998-08-19 20:51:50
Subject: adsm vs. harbor
From: Donald Moxley <moxley AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 20:51:50 -0400
> Subject:      Re: adsm vs harbor
>
> I've already suggested the boot partition, however that was met with much
> disdain (too much work? too many skills involved?).

For additional arguments for alternate NT boots see the magazine article
"Hardware is Half the Battle" at
http:// 192.131.131.50/ent/archive/1997/may21/052121.html-ssi

Here is a quote from the article:
"Install a spare copy of Windows NT on every system you
                    wish to repair quickly.
                    This is a difficult concept for most systems managers to
embrace, but it
                    is a requirement for any important Windows NT system. This
second
                    installed copy of Windows NT is not and should not be syn
chronized
                    with the production system. The concept is not about
redundant
                    systems or clustering. The concept is about repair of
Windows NT."

Don Moxley,  ADSM Development