ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and EMC

1998-08-18 10:01:11
Subject: Re: ADSM and EMC
From: "Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:01:11 +0200
Michael,

I do not know the products, apart having a documentation on my desk for the
moment.

But I can read:

FDR/Upstream/SOS provides FILE LEVEL supoort to the suite. It introduces an
Incremental Backup scheme in addition to the Logical Volume backups taken by
FDRSOS.
from FDRSOS & FDR/UPSTREAM/SOS, Concepts & Facilities Guide, Ch.4,
Innovation Data Processing, 01/19/1998

All data is sent from EMC to the mainframe through Escon channels. Only
Upstream control data goes along IP network.

There is also a archive/recall function.

The site of Innovation is http://www.innovationdp.fdr.com and contains
detailed info.  <----------------

Regards,

René Lambelet - *3543 - *A581
Nestec SA - 55, Av. Nestlé - CH-1800 Vevey
Tel: ++41/21/924'35'43 / Fax: ++41/21/924'45'89
E-Mail: rene.lambelet AT nestle DOT com