ADSM-L

AW: Returncode 1 from PRESCHEDULECMD

1998-08-17 10:27:51
Subject: AW: Returncode 1 from PRESCHEDULECMD
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 10:27:51 -0400
Level 5 (ptf 5) of the Win32 client will fully support UNC names for file
specifications in all operations
(backup, restore, include/exclude, etc.), but the scheduler service still must
run under a domain authorised
account in order to have access to domain resources.

Keep in mind that by default the scheduler service runs under the local system
account which has
no domain authority.

Also, since this is a non-interactive account no logon environment settings
such as environment
variables and persistent drive mappings will be present when the service logs
on.

The service should be configured to log in as a domain authorised account in
order to access
domain resources.

The current ADSM service installation/configuration utility doesn't allow a
domain account and password
to be specified (the PTF 6 version will) so the logon account must be modified
from the Services Control
applet.

Hope this helps ....

Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM NT Client Development

---------------------- Forwarded by Pete Tanenhaus/San Jose/IBM on 08/17/98
7/98

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 08/17/98 03:34:20 AM