ADSM-L

AS400 Client

1998-08-14 00:37:54
Subject: AS400 Client
From: "Klaus, Eugene" <EKlaus AT KMART DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 00:37:54 -0400
Greetings to All,

I am in need of feedback regarding the AS400 client. Documentation and
announcements applaud this new client as a wonderful addition to the ADSM
repertoire.

I have also read an article that states that yes it works great if all you
wish to backup is system files. The reason is that ADSM cannot speak to
AS400 when the system is taken to a quiesced condition necessary for the
AS400 to allow backup of data files.

The data files are what we want to backup not system files. Combining the
backup of system files with another package to backup data is not
acceptable.

If anyone is using the AS400 client or has further comment to make in this
regard please email me directly at

                        eklaus AT kmart DOT com

Thanks,

Gene Klaus