ADSM-L

Re: AIX backup and restore

1998-08-13 07:43:48
Subject: Re: AIX backup and restore
From: Alexander Verkooyen <alexander AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 13:43:48 +0200
On 13-Aug-98 Etienne Brachel wrote:

> I got a question about AIX backup and Restore...
>
> first : if a "dsmc i /" is issued, ADSM does not backup the mounted
> filesystems as directories... is this normal ? they are directories
> under the root aren't they ? the SUBDIR YES statement is placed in the
> dsm.sys option file.

This is normal behaviour. "dsmc i" will not backup a file system because
it encounters it's mountpoint while backing up another file system.

If you don't specify any file systems the client will look into
your dsm.opt to see if you've a DOMAIN statement there, followed
by the file systems you want to back up.

If you don't have a DOMAIN statement in your dsm.opt and you don't
give "dsmc i" any file system names on the command line it will by default
back up all locally mounted file systems.

> * Etienne Brachel            E-Mail : hc_dmsr AT hotmail DOT com  *
> * Touch The Progress b.v.    Phone  : +31-(0)365350535     *
> * Televisieweg 159           Fax    : +31-(0)365350535     *
> * 1322 BH  ALERE                                           *
             ^^^^^

I think you might have a typo in your signature :-)

Best regards,

Alexander

Alexander Verkooijen                SARA
Alexander Verkooijen                SARA
Systems Programmer                  Academic Computing
alexander AT sara DOT nl                   Services Amsterdam