ADSM-L

Re: client option sets and exclude lists

1998-08-12 11:43:38
Subject: Re: client option sets and exclude lists
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 11:43:38 -0400
In <2C396693FBDED111AEF60000F84104A70F06F6@indyexch_fddi.indy.tce.com>, on
08/12/98
   at 09:36 AM, Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM> said:

>I can't get it to work for include/exclude either, even when I changed the
>option to inclexcl.  Here's one entry in my clientoptset, yet it still gets
>backed up.  Is there something else that needs to be done to use it?

>         Option: INCLEXCL
>Sequence number: 15
>       Override: No
>   Option Value: exclude /.../core

>iscm007:/ >dsmc s core
>ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
>Command Line Backup Client Interface - Version 3, Release 1, Level 0.3 (C)
>Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 1998, All Rights Reserved.

>Selective Backup function invoked.

>Node Name: ISCM007
>Session established with server ADSM: AIX-RS/6000
>  Server Version 3, Release 1, Level 1.2
>  Server date/time: 08/12/1998 09:17:22  Last access: 08/11/1998 23:59:54

>Normal File-->                 0 /core [Sent]
>Selective Backup processing of 'core' finished without failure.

You defined it correctly in the server so don't keep thrashing around
defining it differently.  The problem is that there is a bug in the 3.1.0.3
clients that the client  doesn't see or use server inclexcl statements that
have "/..." in them.  The bug will be fixed in the next client fix, or so
I'm told by IBM.

Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab