ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:54:39

I had the same problem.  I am running ADSM AIX server and NT Clients.  The following worked for me.

define clientopt unixoptionset inclexcl "exclude /tmp"

    ----------
    From:   Karen Krowzack[SMTP:Karen.M.Krowzack AT UCM DOT COM]
    Reply To:       ADSM: Dist Stor Manager
    Sent:   Wednesday, August 12, 1998 7:52 AM
    To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
    Subject:        client option sets and exclude lists

    I hate to ask a dumb and simple question, but has anyone used a client
    option set to use include/exclude options?  I am trying to set this up on my
    ADSM AIX server for the UNIX clients it is backing up.  I cannot seem to do
    this from the command line "define clientopt unixoptionset exclude /tmp"
    (doesn't work - syntax error) The GUI in the WEB browser or win95 admin
    client won't let me point to an include/exclude list or cite individual
    excluded files.  What am I doing wrong?  Neither the admin guide or the
    admin reference talk about this in any detail.

    Besides wishing to setup a generic include/exclude list, I am also seeking
    to 'test' that my client option set really is in effect.  Since so many of
    the parameters that one puts in this file are performance related, does
    anyone have an idea of how to really test if a newly defined client option
    set really "works".  Thanks.

    Karen Krowzack
    IBM Global Services
    Tieline 461, x7309