ADSM-L

Re: Return Code

1998-08-12 07:33:48
Subject: Re: Return Code
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 07:33:48 -0400
Jan,

It's hard to tell from your description what is going on.
The normal problem when running the Exchange Agent backups
from a scheduled event is that the NT service that is running
the scheduler is not running with the proper authority to
perform the backup of Microsoft Exchange.  If you are running
the GA version (1.1.0.0), you need to be running the
scheduled NT service "logged in" as the Exchange Site Services Account.
If you are running the FIXTEST version (1.1.0.0 "A"), then
you need to be running from an account with local Admin authority.
Can you run the backup script from a DOS prompt OK?
If so, try changing the "Control Panel/Services/Startup/Log On As"
value to match the account you are logged in as.

Are the problems only occurring when you run as a scheduled event?
The RC=128 depends on where the RC is coming from, i.e. ADSM API,
the scheduler, Exchange Server... (check dsierror.log, excdsm.log)
Please read Appendix C (starting on page 55) of the
Exchange Agent User's Guide very closely for details on setting
up automated scheduling of the Exchange Agent backups.

If after reading Appendix C, you still cannot get it to work,
provide more details on the error that you are receiving
and post info to this list or call IBM support.  Thanks.

Del Hoobler
ADSM Agent Development