ADSM-L

Re: How do I delete files

1998-08-11 22:02:12
Subject: Re: How do I delete files
From: Joseph A Faracchio <SPGJAF AT CMSA.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 19:02:12 PDT
Dick:
You also need to run expire inventory if its not auto-magically happening
now.   Then afterwards you need to lower reclamation thresholds for the
tape pool from 100% (try 99, 98, 97, 96, etc one at a time til it happens.

Also , if you have more tape drive pairs you can do move data on tapes
that appear to be candidates for reclaimation.   Because Reclamation only
does 1 tape at a time ( Oh why can't there be a recproc like theres migproc!!

good luck  !!!!!    call me (your local?) if you'd like.
          ... joe.f.

P.S you may have to plan this for a weekend.  If you not been paying the piper
every day or so you are going to pay big now!!!!!

SPGJAF @ CMSA.Berkeley.Edu    also ... USUCA886 @ IBMMAIL via x.400
University of Calif. at Berkeley  510-642-7638 (work) 527-1933 (home)