ADSM-L

SQL Backup more help please

1998-08-11 09:22:59
Subject: SQL Backup more help please
From: jason <warwickj.powerhouse AT DIAL.PIPEX DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 14:22:59 +0100
I am trying to set-up a scheduled job that runs a pre & post CMD, overriding
the pre & post commands that I already have in my .OPT file. The purpose of
this is to stop & start the SQL service to enable a full backup to be taken.

Using the NT Administrative GUI, I have created an incremental Scheduled
Backup/Archive Job where under the Operation tab I enter:

Overriding Client Options  -prescheduledcmd
"c:\win32app\ibm\adsm\baclient\sqlstop.cmd" .
Objects                         blank
Action                          Incremental

When I run this job it ONLY backs up the  sqlstop.cmd file, instead of
running it. It backups no other files except the registry.

Help !

Jason Warwick

Elsevier Science Ltd

01865 843189