ADSM-L

Re: ADSM V3 on AIX 4.1.5 (was: IBM RS6000 F50 4-way)

1998-08-10 16:04:17
Subject: Re: ADSM V3 on AIX 4.1.5 (was: IBM RS6000 F50 4-way)
From: ALLEN BARTH <abarth AT KEMPER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 15:04:17 -0500
Gee, I hope not.  I'm running server 3.1.1.3 on aix 4.1.4 and have had no
problems or surprises.

Subject: ADSM V3 on AIX 4.1.5 (was: IBM RS6000 F50 4-way)
Author:  Jeffrey Renicker <renicker AT US.IBM DOT COM> at ~internet
Date:    8/10/98 12:55 PM

BradleyWallace AT COMPUSERVE DOT COM writes:

> We run our ADSM server on an IBM RS6000 R50 4-way  (the "R" just
> means "Rack Mounted").  It has performed very well, without any
> problems. Just make sure your at AIX 4.2.1 or higher if your using
> ADSM version 3, and have the SMP components of AIX in for the
> symetrical processing.

Ok, I'll bite.  We are going to upgrade ADSM to V3, but our R40 is
currently at AIX 4.1.5.  Are there problems running the new ADSM on
this level of AIX?  If so, what  are they?

Thanx for any assistance or information you can give.

Jeff Renicker