ADSM-L

Re: Restore on a remote client

1998-08-10 10:20:42
Subject: Re: Restore on a remote client
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 10:20:42 -0400
If the client is WIndows or AIX, that is what the WEBSHELL client is for.
It is a bit of a pain to set up, but the intent is to enable a "help desk"
type person to do restores for other users from a central site.

The biggest drawback to Webshell is that it will only restore ACTIVE files,
and there appears to be no movement on IBM's part towards providing Webshell
on other platforms.

Other than that, I think a schedule is your only option.

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
              - Scott Adams/Dilbert