ADSM-L

3590 "enhanced tapes"

1998-08-07 16:38:57
Subject: 3590 "enhanced tapes"
From: Tom Tann{s <tom.tannas AT USIT.UIO DOT NO>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 22:38:57 +0200
Hello adsm'ers

Har anybody heard some recent news about these tapes?

Last year we were told that these (20GB) tapes would be available january
'98.
Our tape-dealer says he can deliver the tapes as soon as the microcode for
the 3590's has been updated to handle these longer tapes.
Our service-ingeneer also confirms that this is the reason why these tapes
cant be used for the moment..

I've been asking both about the tapes/microcodes monthly since february,
but the answers are still the same.

Now I begin to wonder if someone is playing us a trick...

These tapes would be very useful to us, because we're soon running out of
storage-cells in our 3494..