ADSM-L

ftp site for NetWare Backup/Recovery Guide

1998-08-06 18:48:13
Subject: ftp site for NetWare Backup/Recovery Guide
From: Jim Smith <spikes AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 18:48:13 -0400
Hello,

Thanks for all of the requests for the ADSM NetWare Backup and Recovery Guide.
I am sorry that this bogged-down the listserv; this thread has appeared before
and it was usually only one or two requests ...

The document can be obtained via ftp:
http://index.storsys.ibm.com/adsm/temp/ntwback.htm

Let me answer all the questions that were sent in conjunction with the requests:

*  This document will eventually find a home on the ADSM home page on the net,
either under white papers or under documents.  I don't have the means to put
the document there at this time, so it is on the ftp server.  We will also
continue shipping the document with the NetWare client, as was done with ADSM
V2.  I wasn't sure about protocol for posting doc directly on the discussion
group, so I didn't choose that route.   All this being said, it can be
distributed freely.

*  This document is the still being updated with information about print
queues; the rest of the doc is complete.

*  This doc is the follow-on to the ADSM NDS Backup and Recovery Guide which
was shipped with ADSM V2.  It has been expanded to include NetWare v3 topics,
as well as new NDS infos (schema, server specific info).

*  There is no performance information in this document

Any feedback on the doc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim Smith