ADSM-L

Re: Backup Storage pool question.

1998-08-06 16:57:42
Subject: Re: Backup Storage pool question.
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 15:57:42 -0500
1.  The backup stg command is incremental so it will only add files that
haven't been copied to that copy pool yet.
2. There are no drm listings, unless you create them yourself via the q drm
command and send the output to a printer.
3.  I have a script that does my "disaster backups".  It issues a backup stg
for each storage pool, then issues the backup db command, then issues the
"mov drm * wherest=mo" (this changes their status to not-mountable), then
issues a "q drm * wherest=notmo" and writes that to a file that gets printed
(the tape pull list), then issues "mov drm * wherest=notmo tost=vault", then
issues "prepare plan" and both prints the recovery plan and writes it to a
diskette.