ADSM-L

HSM

1998-08-05 15:38:36
Subject: HSM
From: malkit <malkit AT UDI.CO DOT IL>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 22:38:36 +0300
Hello !

We would like to implement HSM on a solaris machine for one of our
customers. The machine holds approximately 30G of data. Most os the data
is also access from other machines through NFS.
They  consider to implement HSM on this machine, and on some other
machines in the future. I would like to get some details from those of
you using HSM:

1. Is it "safe" ? Are there any specific problems regarding migrated
files ?
2. What is the influence on users working with these files through NFS ?

3. What kind of storage do you use for HSM ?
4. What are the pit fools you define with HSM ?
5. Is there a way to estimate how much disk space the HSM will release
before start migrating the files ?

Thank you all
--
Malkit Hayun, UDI