ADSM-L

Re: Server Abending

1998-08-04 15:00:31
Subject: Re: Server Abending
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 14:00:31 -0500
     Well let's not limit it to after a V3 upgrade!

     Our two MVS ADSM environments would suck up more CPU (memory, cycles,
     you name it) than any other started task (even all our CICS regions
     combined!

     Due to the lack of flow of funny money they cut back our cycles to the
     point we've purchased two new S-70 to move the mvs adsm work load over
     to.

     Which is a big NOTE! your system programmers / system tuners can make
     or break adsm under MVS so watch'em ;-)

     Now I never got our buffpool or logpool that big and we never ran with
     more than 150 concurrent sessions for what thats worth...

     Anyway, good luck and if you have any questions on ADSM under AIX just
     give me a yell... ;-)

     later,
            DWight