ADSM-L

Re: database volumes

1998-08-01 19:13:27
Subject: Re: database volumes
From: Peter Gathercole <peter.gathercole AT VIRGIN DOT NET>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 00:13:27 +0100
This is almost certainly the 32-bit signed integer problem. Unless ADSM is
specifically written for the new 64-bit file system at AIX 4.2.1 or later
(which I doubt), then 2GB is the largest database size possible. The fault
is that when doing an lseek (this is a AIX/Unix low level function to
position the current pointer in a file), the offset is a 32 bit signed
integer, whose limits are -2GB through +2GB-1.

Peter Gathercole.