ADSM-L

Include-exclude error in Solaris 2.5.1

1998-07-31 11:19:56
Subject: Include-exclude error in Solaris 2.5.1
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 11:19:56 -0400
I'm attempting to deploy the latest ADSMv2 (2.1.0.8) Solaris client,
but am encountering a bewildering error in include-exclude processing.
I had transferred an include-excludes file that was happy in the AIX
environment, but the Solaris client complained about the "..." occurrences in
it.  So I coded the "exclude /.../tmp/.../*" example right out of the manual,
which results in the following Solaris client complaint:

ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
Command Line Backup Client Interface - Version 2, Release 1, Level 0.8
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 1997, All Rights Reserved.

ANS4042S Invalid option '/.../tmp/.../*' found in options file
'/usr/sbin/dsm.sys.inclexcl'
ANS4042S Invalid option '/.../tmp/.../*' found in options file
'/usr/sbin/dsm.sys.inclexcl'
         at line number : 45
         Invalid entry : 'exclude /.../tmp/.../*'

ANS4048S Include/Exclude pattern has a '...' without beginning/ending directory
delimiter
The slash directory delimiters are plainly there, but still it complains.
The slash directory delimiters are plainly there, but still it complains.
As is so often the case, the Messages manual is useless in offering no
insight into what the problem might actually be.
I've searched the past year's worth of ADSM-L archives, and the Problem
Solving Database, but there are no hits on this, which is odd.
Anyone have any ideas?

   thanks,  Richard Sims, Boston University OIT