ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Client and Agent.

1998-07-30 11:21:11
Subject: Re: ADSM Client and Agent.
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 11:21:11 -0400
Hello,

We recommend that you do NOT use the same ADSM node for the
base ADSM client and SQL Agent.  The SQL Agent has its own special
policy requirements due to the nature of the design, i.e.
each backup object is always unique.  There can also be
coordination issues when defining the various needed schedules.
We also recommend that you keep the options file separate.
In fact, the design of the GUI requires that the options
file be kept in the SQL Agent install directory.
You can use the same node, but we do not recommend it.

Del Hoobler
ADSM Agent Development