ADSM-L

Re: Upgrading Clients to v3

1998-07-30 09:59:13
Subject: Re: Upgrading Clients to v3
From: Brent Link <jlink2 AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 08:59:13 -0500
Hi Jenn;
We have set up an ADSM web site that  offers  the following options to our
users:
1. General ADSM info and specific ADSM info as related to our environment.
2. a page to register a node to ADSM (provide platform type, userid, ipaddr,
office info, etc.).
3.  a page to request a download of the client software,  initial download or
upgrade.
4.  there is also an option to  let an active user request a password change.
5.  a page that has Q's & A's. ( helpful hints......).

When a user registers a node, we auto mail the info to the ADSM Admin  group,
who
process the data and e-mail the user with their initial password.  The same
process is used for password resets. It really speeds the process, and our users
love anything that can be done from the web.
We are trying to automate as much as possible, like all of you, we are short of
staff with no hope of relief.
We are supporting  about 1100 desktops (NT & 95), and about 70 servers ( HP-UX,
SUN, NT, AIX, OS/2, and yes still some 3.1 Netware).  I'm just getting into
Oracle, SAP, Informax, and other DB backups.  That's a tremendous growth area
for
us.
Again, we have found the web to be an excellent way to distribute both info and
data, and the users love it( for a change).

Brent Link
CSC
Chemical, Oil, & Gas Group
jlink2 AT csc DOT com

Jennifer.Cunningham AT libertymutual DOT com
07/30/98 07:56 AM

Please respond to ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu