ADSM-L

Re: OS/2 Warp 3 client

1998-07-30 03:36:56
Subject: Re: OS/2 Warp 3 client
From: Eric van Loon <evanloon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 09:36:56 +0200
Hi Stuart!
This sounds like something I seen before. It was a known bug, a fixtest was
available too. Checkout http://index.storsys.ibm.com/adsm/fixtest/v3r1/os2
although I don't know if you can find the correct version here.
You can wait for the next ADSM client fix level to become available (I don't
think we have to wait very long for it) but I wouldn't keep on running like
you do now. ADSM is now backing up your files but doesn't backup the
extended attributes containing the information about permissions. So if you
have to restore this server you will have no permissions set and you have to
apply all the security settings again. What I can remember from our old OS/2
servers this can be a VERY lengthy process!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon