ADSM-L

Re: NT Notes Agent Try&buy

1998-07-29 18:12:15
Subject: Re: NT Notes Agent Try&buy
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 18:12:15 -0400
I recommend obtaining the latest maintenance for the Notes agent from the ADSM
ftp site, index.storsys.ibm.com. The directory is
/adsm/fixes/agents/ntlnotes/v2r1. This can be installed on top of the licensed
and "try & buy" versions. You'll want the ip21415.lnnotes.exe and
ip21415.readln.txt files. Review the readme file carefully, as it gives you
information for configuring the necessary environment variables to enable the
GUI.

The GUI is actually integrated into the Lotus Notes workspace, so you'll have
to restart Lotus Notes after installing the agent, if you haven't done so
already, to pick up a change that's made to notes.ini and the new environment
variables. Then the restore options should be available from the "Actions" menu.

There is a new revision of the redbook "Using ADSM to Back Up Lotus Notes"
currently in progress. You can view the latest working version by going out to
the IBM redbooks site, http://www.redbooks.ibm.com. Click on the "Redpieces"
button on the left hand side of the page, then scroll down until you find the
book title. There are a lot of books, and I need to scroll down about 8 or 9
pages before coming across it. But that also contains useful information.

Good luck,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 07/29/98 02:04:22 PM