ADSM-L

ADSM Backup

1998-07-29 10:24:01
Subject: ADSM Backup
From: "David H. Youngclaus" <Dave_Youngclaus AT NOTES.SABRE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 10:24:01 -0400
I am trying to find a way to backup over 50 NT nodes nightly. The problem I
am faced with is that the registry files of each node are backed up on a
daily basis along with the rest of the changed files on the nodes but since
the registry copies look like they change every day the previous copies get
expired too quickly. In other words I would like to keep a years worth of
registry backups but only five copies of all other files for each node. I
believe that I need to create a policy domain with a schedule for that
domain that could back up nodes in this way. However I do not exactly know
what needs to be done to create this Domain and Schedule. Is there anybody
out there that could possibly help me with instructions on how to
accomplish this or share how they have approached this problem?