ADSM-L

ADSM User Exit Problem-Solaris

1998-07-28 15:31:49
Subject: ADSM User Exit Problem-Solaris
From: Ajax Dempsey <applied_econ AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 12:31:49 PDT
Hello Everyone,

I have been doing some rudimentary investigation on the ADSM User Exit
using the userExitSample.c provided, which I have modified to include a
printf as follows:

 printf("in userexit, event=%d\n",eventData->eventNum);

I am currently using two Solaris 2.5.1 systems, running what I believe
to be identical ADSM installations. One system is for development, and
the other for production.

The problems is that the userExitSample code works as expected (produces
"in userexit..." messages) on the development system, but doesn't work
at all on the production system, which lacks the full development
environment.  No error messages are produced on the Production system.

I have:

1) Verified the dsmserv.opt files are identical, both manually and via Q
OPT.

2) Verified the same userExitSample code is specified to both systems
via a NFS directory

3) Verified that ADSM is finding the module by renaming it to
userExitSampleX, which caused ADSM to issue ANR7806W Unable to open file
./userExitSample.

4) Modified the userExitSample to produce a Segmentation Violation (move
to address 0), which causes the Development system ADSM to fail (as
documented), but causes no difference in the Production system.

***

  Both ADSM Servers present identical start up information as follows:

[systeme-bp:/opt/IBMadsm-s/bin]% dsmserv
ANR0000W Message repository for language AMENG does not match program
level.
ANR0000I Message repository's compile date: Fri May 15 13:28:04 1998
ANR0000I Program's message timestamp:       Mon May 11 11:39:38 1998

ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager for Sun Solaris 2.5.1
Version 3, Release 1, Level 1.3

Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

5639-B22 (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 1997. All rights reserved.
U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.

ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 13:30:17 on May 15 1998.

***

I am really at a loss here.  It appears that ADSM finds the module
(using OPEN, I think), but never executes it.

If anyone has seen this or has any ideas, I would really appreciate your
help.

Ajax Dempsey