ADSM-L

Re: DOMAIN question

1998-07-28 12:05:09
Subject: Re: DOMAIN question
From: Tom Bell <tom.bell AT WAII DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 11:05:09 -0500
We use a domain statement to "segregate" our "normal" filesystems (backed
up by an ADSM schedule) and those residing on large storage arrays
(backed up individually under control of a cron job).  To help "remember"
to add in new filesystems to the domain statement, we have a nightly
script (AIX cron job) that gathers the names of all of the local
(non-NFS) filesystems and compares that to the domain statement and the
list of filesystems in the storage array script.  We get notified (via
Email) for removed filesystems (filesystems in the domain statement or
storage array script, but not on the machine) and added filesystems
(filesystems on the machine that are not in the domain statement or
storage array script AND NOT in a filesystem exclude file used by the
script).

The script just recently got a bit more complicated in that we now have
to recognize filesystems mounted from NetApp boxes as if they were local
filesystems.

--
Tom Bell                                    tom.bell AT wg.waii DOT com
Tom Bell                                    tom.bell AT wg.waii DOT com