ADSM-L

Re: Vary on disk volume fails

1998-07-23 17:30:50
Subject: Re: Vary on disk volume fails
From: Bruce Elrick <belrick AT HOME DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 15:30:50 -0600
I think that each DISK storage pool volume has a 4kB header created when
it is defined.  I get this from the fact that a small volume has a
non-zero %util even when it is first defined and empty.

You'll note that the DR module's plan file includes macros to mark the
original disk pool volumes as destroyed and defines replacement ones.
When the pool is completely empty (from the point of view of the DB
backup which is being restored), you are accomplishing the same thing by
doing what John indicates.

Cheers...
Bruce