ADSM-L

Vary on disk volume fails

1998-07-23 14:01:38
Subject: Vary on disk volume fails
From: Robert Jarry <jarry AT uts.cc.utexas DOT edu>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 13:01:38 -0500 (CDT)
I am testing the migration of a AIX v2 server to an AIX v3 server running
on a different box. I am getting the following error message when trying
to vary on all the disk storage pools onto the v3 server:

ANR1315E Vary-on failed for disk volume ...... invalid label block

The disk storage pools were empty on the v2 system so I formatted new ones
on the v3 system using "dsmfmt -data" command. The dsmfmt ran without any
errors.

Does anyone know why the disk storage pools are getting the invalid label
block error?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Robert Jarry

Robert Jarry                             email:  r.jarry AT cc.utexas DOT edu
Robert Jarry                             email:  r.jarry AT cc.utexas DOT edu
Unix Services                            phone:  (512) 475-9330
Academic Computing & IT Services
The University of Texas at Austin