ADSM-L

ADSM and Linux....when?

1998-07-20 18:40:37
Subject: ADSM and Linux....when?
From: Ben Kokenge <ben AT EDMS DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 17:40:37 -0500
OK, I know this has been mentioned here before, but I think it is
time again; when is ADSM going to produce a Linux Client?

Oracle, Informix, Ingres, Corel's entire suite, plus a whole list of
little people have software ported to Linux.  Right now we can
run ADSM for SCO ver2.1 client under Linux, but then we miss all
the good stuff ver 3 gives.  I currently backup 18 Linux clients and
they are asking why they can't do what the windows clients do.

With ADSM supporting over thirty platforms, and huge names like
Oracle and Informix porting to Linux; my question to all those IBM'ers
reading this:  Why is there not a Linux client?

Dismounts soap box,
-Ben